Furnishing a bathroom is a simple process only at first glance. Modern manufacturers produce a wide range of products for this room, relying on the imagination of the buyer and his desire to optimize the space as much as possible. This article is a brief overview of everything you need to install in the bathroom.
How to choose the plumbing
The location of the plumbing in the bathroom is usually dictated by the location of the output of communications. If there is no desire to tinker with the transfer and masking of pipes, then the dimensions of all plumbing items will depend on the current situation of water outlets. It is recommended to leave 60-80 centimeters in front of each subject – such a distance is enough for an adult to comfortably stand in front of the sink or go to the toilet.
When choosing to plumb, think in advance about a possible repair in case of an accident; all pipes must be provided with convenient access. It is better to close the bath with a screen, rather than a frame, with further lining with drywall and tile.
Bath or shower – which is better
The central element of the bathroom is, of course, the bath itself. True, in small apartments to save useful space it is often replaced by shower areas.
But the advantages of the bath are obvious: it makes it possible to lie in the water, relax, install a hydromassage. In the bath, it is convenient to bathe young children, wash animals, wash clothes. In addition, a bathtub is easier to install than, for example, a shower cabin: there is no need to lay cables and conduct electrical wiring for models with backlight and radio, raise the floor, equip a drain system.
Those who choose a shower cabin to talk about saving in everything: when taking a shower less time is spent, water and the design itself take up little space in the room. Sometimes in a small bathroom, it is more convenient to use a good shower box than a tiny bathtub. To comfortably dry with a towel after taking water procedures, you need to leave at least 75×150 centimeters free space.
Bathtubs: forms, functionality, pros, and cons of each type
When choosing a bath, you need to determine its shape, size, and material. Each of these parameters has pros and cons – we will analyze them below.
The triangular or trapezoidal shape of the bathtubs is suitable for small rooms and saves space. In the vicinity of such bathtubs, it is easy to install a washbasin, dressing table or water heating device.
- ease of installation;
- tight fit to one or two walls;
- it is closed by a screen behind which communications are hidden;
- right- and left-handed models are produced;
- the design of the product is complemented by platforms for seating, armrests, etc.
Often, the selection of a special cascade mixer is required, which allows you to quickly and almost silently fill the font with water.
Rectangular bathtubs are mounted in the immediate vicinity of the wall. However, with a sufficient area of the room, they can be installed in the middle of the room or even in a niche on the floor.
- a rectangular bathtub is easily closed by a screen, behind which communications, hoses, etc. are hidden;
- ease of installation;
- optimum ratio “price-quality”.
The only drawback of a rectangular bath can be called the simplicity and familiarity of its shape – such construction will certainly not surprise anyone.
Due to the properties of acrylic and quail to take any form – bathtubs made of these materials produce various asymmetric shapes. These bowls are able to fit perfectly into the dimensions of even a small bathroom.
- flawless aesthetic appearance;
- the opportunity to order from the manufacturer a bathtub of acrylic (qvar) of certain sizes and with fancy bends;
- the presence of armrests, seats, etc.
- in comparison with rectangular designs, asymmetric baths “eat” more area;
- low-cost models made of poor-quality or too thin canvas are not strong enough – there is a possibility of deformation of the sides;
- the bath may not support the weight of an obese person.
Round, polygonal and oval bathtubs
In the manufacture of the round, polygonal and oval bathtubs, not only synthetic materials are used – acrylic, boiled, as we said above, but also natural ones – stone, glass, metal, wood. The latter will bring many benefits when taking water procedures in the bath of such materials.
- the bathtub will become a non-trivial decoration of the interior;
- can be mounted in any convenient place;
- it does not have sharp corners, which means it is safe during operation;
- in a round or polygonal bath, you can lie, changing the location and viewing angle.
- requires space for installation;
- difficult to hide hoses and faucets;
- high price. The price of the bath depends on the country of manufacture, the material used, the configuration and the complexity of the design itself
Arrangement of a shower zone
If for some reason the installation of the bath is not considered, you can implement one of the options for arranging the shower area:
- purchase and installation of a ready-made shower or box of a suitable size;
- independent production of a shower cabin or shower enclosure. For this purpose, semicircular, square, rectangular or corner pallets (made of acrylic, ceramics, metal, etc.), as well as material for the construction of walls (glass, polycarbonate, etc.) are purchased.
Modifications came into fashion, implying the absence of a pallet. The base of the shower cabin is visually flush with the base flooring, but in fact, it has a slight bias towards the water drainage system. This option requires raising the floor, so it is mainly chosen by the residents of the cottages, working out the organization of the shower area at the design stage.
When planning a shower, keep in mind that in an area of less than 75×75 centimeters, washing will be uncomfortable.