A hatch of the maximum size is most often needed when it is planned to hide a boiler behind it and it is necessary to provide for the possibility of extracting it from the plumbing niche, as well as to have access to all communications.
The master of repair work from Belarus – Pavel Sidorik, demonstrates the installation of the largest hatch of the Euro format series – this is a two-door hatch measuring 120×120 cm, custom-made by Praktika.
However, this is not the maximum size of the hatch in principle – the Atlant series hatch can be made in size 120 (W) x160 (H) cm – it will also be a two-door, and up to 200 cm in height with a width of 40 cm is a single-door option.
- Using the laser level, mark the wall and begin to assemble the frame using 50 mm partition profiles, leaving a window the size of the inspection hatch.
- Along the perimeter of the hatch, to strengthen the structure lay wooden blocks.
- We begin to sew up the frame around the hatch with a plasterboard. Then, using the level, we position the position of the hatch in the same plane with the profile design. Next, glue the hatch onto polyurethane glue and fasten it with screws.
- In order to align the drywall with the wall, we pass the wall with tile adhesive using a long rule.
- Be sure to fix the locking screws – there are 8 pieces in the two-door hatch, 4 on each door, so that the hatch doors are firmly locked in position.
- Before facing the tiles, make sure that in each lock of the hatch (in a hatch of this size there are 2 pieces on the side of each door) there are brackets so that when you press the door it does not open – it will be comfortable to glue the tile. Then the hatch opens with his hands, tucking the door with a spatula. Be sure to ensure that glue does not get into the gaps during lining!
- Before laying the tiles, it is imperative to hang a load on the doors equal to the weight of the tiles that will be on them. Pavel advises using plastic bags for this.
- The process of laying tiles occurs on a regular wall. A cross of 2 mm is used. The hatch must not be opened until the glue dries!
- This is what the lined invisible hatch looks like. It remains only to silicone the seams around the perimeter of the hatch opening in the color of the grout.
In this review, Pavel did not show how the hatch is silicone-coated, therefore, we indicate the step-by-step course of actions in writing:
- Masking tape is glued to the hatch doors around the opening perimeter, which will protect the tile from the sealant.
- The same procedure is carried out with the perimeter of the outer tile.
- The doors close, filling the seams begins. We advise you to cut off several divisions from the cap so that the material densely fills the seams.
- Using a flat spatula, seal the silicone in the joints.
- Remove the masking tape from the outside perimeter by pulling it to the outside, then tape from the doors by pulling into the inside of the door.
The entire siliconization procedure must be carried out in 10 minutes, otherwise, the silicone begins to cure and, when removing the tape, it can be stretched.
The sealant dries out within 3 days, then it is cut at an angle of 45 º: ____ | / | __ door__ | \ | _____.
The door opens only after the sealant has completely dried. All excess silicone is cut from the back of the tile.